Grip socks can be a game-changer, especially when it comes to playing soccer, or high impact sports on the field.
However, with an array of choices on the market, how can you know which grip socks are the best out there?
We’ve compiled a list of the top five best grip socks.
Alongside this, we’ve written a handy buyer’s guide of things to consider as well as some frequently asked questions that you might have thought of.
Check out our top pick below.
OUR TOP PICK
OUR TOP PICK
The AnSun Anti-slip Athletic Sock Non-slip Sports Socks are made out of 75% premium combed cotton + 15% nylon + 10% polyester for a soft and sweat-proof design, with a breathable-grid that helps to keep you dry.
The rubber pads at the bottom can increase the friction between foot and socks; socks and shoes or ground; enhancing the grip and making exercise safer.
These socks can also eliminate foot-pain and help prevent blisters from forming.
- Easy to wash. They are not contracted, faded when washed in normal 40-degree water.
- Multipurpose! Suitable for men and women for a variety of sports.
- The non-slip material helps to prevent accidents on and off the field.
- A few customers claimed that the toes on these pairs of socks were not reinforced.
The RATIVE Super Grips Anti Slip Non-Skid socks are designed with super grips on the sole, providing superb grip on slick surfaces such as wood floors, and tile floors.
These socks help prevent falling or losing balance while walking or running.
- These socks feature arch support for a secure fit.
- Durable fabric! The use of high quality knitted fabric means that these socks won’t be torn or deformed by a washing machine.
- These socks are multifunctional. Suitable to use for a variety of purposes!
- One customer claimed that these socks were thinner than they were anticipating them to be.
The LUX Soccer Socks with Anti Slip/ Non Slip Grip Pads are engineered to eliminate post-exercise sore feed and blisters!
Using inner and outer grips, these socks eliminate slippage inside the shoe, they will allow you to be more confident in your movements when it's most crucial, thereby improving your agility and overall performance.
- Suitable for multiple sports and for sizes from 6-11.5.
- These socks feature a highly-refined rubber pad design and cotton blend.
- You’ll have lightning fast agility with the aid of these socks!
- A couple of customers claimed that these socks were a tighter fit than they were anticipating.
The PremSox Football Grip Socks are designed to prevent blisters from occurring and are designed to withstand high impact sports!
These socks are made out of 60% cotton, 25% nylon, and 15% polyester for a stretchier, comfier style.
- These socks feature a comfortable and snug fit to ensure that your foot doesn’t move around in your shoe.
- Easy to clean and maintain!
- These unisex socks are great for a variety of different purposes and sports.
- One customer noted that these socks wore out quicker than they were expecting.
The JHM Anti Slip Non-Slip, Non-Skid Socks are perfectly designed for both inside and outdoor activities with a combination of fabrics that are soft and breathable.
These socks help to prevent falling or losing balance while walking or running!
The super grips on the sole of the socks provide superb grip on slick surfaces such as wood floors, tile floors, as well as running on the pitch outside.
- These socks are designed to be sweat absorbent as well as breathable! Prevent your feet from smelling with these socks during long matches.
- Made out of 50% nylon, 35% cotton, 10% spandex, 5% polyester fiber for a comfortable fit!
- Designed for a firm fit on your feet with a cushioning design for high impact sports.
- A few customers noted that these socks were too small for their feet.
Best Grip Socks Buying Guide
There are a few things to consider when it comes to buying the best grip socks, but it mainly comes down to their durability, their grip, and their breathability.
Grip socks are meant to make your life on the pitch easier, not harder, so don’t be tempted to buy a pair of socks that are lower quality.
You’ll need a sock that can withstand your games on the pitch, time and time again, so you need something that’s built to last and stand the test of time!
Check out the features below before clicking ‘buy’.
This might sound like an obvious feature to consider, but the grip is the main reason you’re buying grip socks!
You’ll want to ensure that you’re investing in a high-quality pair of grip socks that can be washed time and time again, without losing their grip.
As a result, you should try to look for socks with inner and outer grips that maximize their non-slip quality, so that if they do wear with time, there’s more surface area covered in grips.
You’ll want a sock that is designed to withstand a variety of high-impact sports, so durability is an important factor to take into consideration.
The customer reviews will give you a good indication of whether a product is durable or not. If a product has worn more quickly than they were anticipating, it is likely that they’ll tell you so!
Something important to consider when purchasing socks is their breathability.
Thick, heavy materials are likely to make you sweat more, and over time, can make your socks smell significantly the more that you wear them.
To avoid this problem, especially if you’re running about in your socks for long periods of time, you’ll want to ensure that they are made out of breathable material.
You also might want to look for words such as moisture-wicking fabric, if you know your feet are likely to get sweaty as this will help, too!
The brand of a pair of socks might not matter to you too much, but it is likely that if the product is from a reputable brand, the more likely it is to be a high-quality product.
If it’s a brand that you’ve never heard of, then it may be harder to gauge the quality, so you’ll need to do your own research and take their lack of reputation into consideration when choosing which socks are best to buy.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why are grip socks necessary in sports?
Simply put, grip socks not only keep you safe, but they're also a stylish piece of must-have gear for on and off the pitch!
Whether you’re running on the pitch, indoors on slippery surfaces, or just have a clumsy streak in general, slip socks are designed to help prevent you from falling over.
Investing in a good pair of grip socks can also be very helpful in making sure that you have a better playing experience, no matter what sport it is that you play.